What you need:
· Construction paper
· Pictures from magazines
· Objects from outside (sticks, leaves, etc.)
What you do:
1. Observe animals in nature. How do they blend in with their surroundings.
2. On your paper, design a background that animals will blend in with. Use
magazine pictures or natural objects to help you. Be creative!
3. Now make animals to add to the "environment" you created.
4. Are your animals easy or difficult to see? What do we call an animal's
ability to blend in with it's surroundings?
Create Collages, Nurturing the Naturalist Intelligence,
by Dr. Wan Inn Loh & Dr. George Jacobs, Kagan Publishing, 2003